What things a strong prepper will do during SHTF?
In the event of a natural catastrophe, a solid shtf plan would be vital in ensuring a seamless transition out of danger for you, your loved ones, and your possessions. It’s important to schedule ahead of time, but it’s also critical to keep cool and focused during a SHTF scenario.
• Recognize the warning signs and distress signals in the field. Keep an eye out for news warnings on the local tv or radio station, as well as the community alarm system.
• Make it known to others where you’ll be. Inform people outside of the affected area regarding the incident’s remaining plans.
• If you’re advised to evacuate, do so immediately. Allow the most of your time while you are not evacuating by making preparations.
• Check for adequate fueling of both motors and equipment. When you have an outdoor generator, try to ensure you have sufficient gasoline on hand. You can need additional fuel to enter your bug out spot.
• Have a look at the preparedness or gear bag. Please ensure your disaster survival kit has all of the necessary items, such as survival food, and is kept in a secure location.
• Collect building materials in case of an emergency. You’ll need emergency supplies including hardboard, sandbags, and thermal tarps, among other items.
• Keep in mind you have car chargers for your cell phone, smart phone, and other portable devices. Getting car chargers on hand would enable you to stay in contact with others if the power goes out.
• Be conscious of how to switch off all services. It’s always a good idea to know how to switch off the gas, electricity, and water in your house or apartment. If you really need to leave soon, it’s a smart idea to switch off the power before going. All outdoor and indoor objects should be covered or relocated.