Latest Activity – Construction Activity Update: September 12, 2014
Franklin Blvd: The week of September 15, 2014, lane closures will take place across the roadway for crews to perform utility work. Traffic will be directed by flaggers.
Meadowview Road: Night work continues on westbound Meadowview Road near Shining Star Drive from 7:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This will continue through the morning of Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
Cosumnes River College:
- Crews are paving the area around TPSS#12.
- Station electrical and mini high, stair, step and ramp construction continues.
- Parking Lot F is scheduled to reopen Friday, October 3, 2014.
Old Calvine Road to Cosumnes River Boulevard Flyover:
- Rail installation is taking place.
Cosumnes River Boulevard Flyover to Center Parkway:
- Rail is being installed between Cosumnes River Boulevard Flyover and Center Parkway.
- TPSS#10 will be delivered and set at the corner of CRB and Franklin on September 18.
- OCS poles have been installed.
- There is skeleton track from the Morrison Creek Bridge to Center Parkway.
Deer Lake Pedestrian Bridge:
- Crews are working on the abutment.
- Work continues on the soldier pile wall.
Civil Construction Underway
Tree Removal Mitigation
Removal of some trees along the alignment of the Blueline to CRC will be necessary to facilitate the construction of the light rail track and stations for this important light rail extension. Every effort has been made to minimize the number of trees being removed, and replacement trees will be planted along the alignment, the CRC campus and at the new stations as construction is completed. In fact, RT will be planting 1.6 trees for every tree removed. To learn more about how tree removal is being mitigated for please view Chapter Four – Affected Environment in the Final EIR/S. It can be viewed here.